Today, I’m sharing a v special recipe on my blog. A few weeks ago, my Dadi (grandmother) taught me how to make one of her dishes. This woman is an amazing cook – anyone in my family knows this. (: This particular dish of her’s is my all-time favorite. Here’s my version of an Indian-inspired coconut curry. Flavorful, healthy, gluten-free, wholesome ingredients, and supes yummy.
Ingredients (serves 6-ish)
for the curry…
- 1lb chicken thighs, cleaned and cut into medium-sized cubes
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, large
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green chili, diced & canned
- 1 tomato, large
- 3 tbsp salsa
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- rice or naan or anything else you wanna eat your curry with (:
- In a medium/large pot, soak onions in olive oil for 10 mins.
- Heat pot on stove at medium/high, until onions are soft.
- Add chicken, garlic, and green chili. Cook on high until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add chopped tomato, salsa, half of the cilantro, lemon, tumeric, coriander, salt. Cook until paste/oil consistency.
- Add coconut cream, yogurt, and the rest of the cilantro. Add a splash of water to loosen the curry. Stir consistently on medium. Chicken should fall apart easily. Oh and chicken shouldn’t be raw. Obvs.